Vista Patinas contain acids as well as oxides and are designed to give more consistent results than other acid patinas in which the color will vary depending on many variables. With our Vista Series Patinas the colored oxide is pulled into the acid reaction and a more predictable patina is formed.
When used on Bronze, Brass, and Copper the patina forms a marbleized effect of a green patina plus the Vista Color. On Iron or Steel the green acid base will cause beautiful rust plus the Vista Color.
- Vista Patinas should only be applied cold except for Vista Green (hot or cold).
- May be used on all metals except for aluminum.
- The metal should be clean and between 65° - 70° Fahrenheit.
- Apply out of direct sunlight and in moderate temperatures.
- If the reaction does not take place it may have dried too fast.
- Allow 2-12 hours for reaction to take place.
- Reapply if the color is not intense enough.
- The patina will be chalky - apply a clear sealer when finished.